It's been one of those weeks where things keep coming up and I think "oh, I should write a blog entry about that" or "oh, that would be a good thing to rant about" and then whatever it was gets filed somewhere in the back of my brain and I hit refresh on twitter fifty times in two minutes and wonder why season 8 of 90210 isn't on DVD yet.
So mostly, I've got a lot of half developed thoughts. Interested? 'Cause that's the best you're going to get right now.
Inspired by Erica's protips entry at You Should Only Know, my own list of general life advice protips:
- It's worth it to make everything from scratch once, even if it's only to find out that you don't need to feel bad about not making it from scratch (so far, the only thing that this has actually been true of for me is pumpkin puree- it tastes the same as the can)
- Pretty much everything has a stage at which it freezes well, if you're making something labor intensive (chicken stock, puff pastry, more muffins than two people can eat in a day...) always make enough to freeze so next time you want it you don't have to go through the process all over again
- Everything goes on sale eventually. Try things on in store so you can obsessively check a store's website and order it immediately when whatever you want becomes affordable.
- Attempting serious conversations when either one, or both people having the conversation are drunk, is never a good idea
- If you have a family member that drives you insane, it's rarely worth it to engage
- Vaseline will take the scuffs off patent leather
- Never expect a cat to act in a rational manner
- Being on time may not be fashionable, but it is polite, and common courtesy never goes out of style
- If you're short, learn how to hem things.
- And, my grandmother's favorite preface to free advice giving "remember, advice is worth what you pay for it"
More half developed thoughts coming soon...
- 90210 reminds us that we all grieve differently
- soon there'll be no going back
- hard drive failure
- the good, the bad and the ugly, take 2
If that list doesn't make you want to stay posted, I don't know what will.